Monday, April 30, 2012

From Christ into Christ

Father Pierre Teilhard De Chardin...what a man. I could talk about him and his influence for days, he is an individual I look up to and, after reading "The Divine Milieu", can say I would strive to live like. Hi passions are undeniable, but I think what I like most about him is how simply he lived and the sense of detachment he lived his life with, knowing that even joy is fleeting and we shouldn't try to possess anything. Another thing I love about Father Pierre is his integrity - he was committed to following through with his words and convictions and beliefs, especially in the power of love and the understanding that God is love and through Him we can do anything.

It was hard to understand at first, what Father Pierre meant when he repeatedly tells us to move towards the Omega Point, but through hearing Sue Sacks speak and discussing "The Divine Milieu" further, I learned what Fr. Pierre meant in that. God designed each of us to follow Him through His individual plans for us, ultimately leading back to Christ and this cosmic dance to and from our Lord. In doing this together as a Christian body, we are practicing true communion with each other.

We make choices every day to either build up the world into its full potential or sell ourselves and society short! Just like Fr. Pierre says, the world is one of light and fire and even in darkness there is light, in the light, there is life. What a beautiful thing to bear in mind through the storms of our life. In that light that is life, is GOD! At the center of it all is something so wonderful beyond what we could ever imagine and Fr. Pierre reminds us to always trust in that, even when things go poorly for us, God will not and does not abandon us. He treats us like His children, desires our happiness, and suffers when we suffer. It is our opportunity and responsibility to take the lives God has given us and follow the divine plan set out for each of us to strive to be our full selves.

"The greater humanity becomes, the more humanity becomes united with the consciousness of and mastery of its potentialities, the more beautiful creation will be, the more perfect adoration will become, and the more Christ will find for mystical extensions - a body worthy of resurrection"
-The Divine Milieu, Fr. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

No comments:

Post a Comment